Women Inspiring Scientific Progress (WISP) Program
In an effort to further their mission and encourage young women to enter the fields of science and research, and further opportunities for women in science, Women Inspiring Scientific Progress (WISP), created the WISP Research Intern Award to benefit a female student to participate in the eight-week Banner-ASU Neuroscience Scholar Program. The award provides the financial resources needed to support a student who might not otherwise be able to participate in the program. Award amount is up to $2,500.
WISP is a distinguished network of women, committed to the advancement of Alzheimer’s disease prevention research while providing help and hope to families currently navigating the disease.
Award Applicant Criteria
- Must be a female student
- Preferable from outside Phoenix metro area
- Demonstrate financial need
- Going into medical/research field Award Committee
- Three to Four Representatives from WISP
- One Representative from Banner Alzheimer’s Foundation/Banner Research/Banner Alzheimer’s Institute
- Members will serve for two years and then rotate off the committee (rotating members will stagger)
- The number of awards and amount (up to $2500) is up to the discretion of the committee
Our team will start accepting applications on January 4, 2019.